Chandigarh is the most livable city in India thanks to its broad streets, spotless avenues, and lovely, well-kept neighborhoods. Chandigarh features several upscale neighborhoods, one of the best-planned infrastructures, and is known as the “City Beautiful.” Chandigarh, the capital of both Punjab and Haryana, is a stunning example of how the cultural beauty of both states can coexist with contemporary upscale neighborhoods that bridge modernity and history.
Le Corbusier, a French architect, developed Chandigarh, which is spruced up by city parks and gardens, malls, schools, hospitals, and well-planned sectors that adhere to a grid design type in residential neighborhoods.
If you’re looking to purchase a home in this well-planned and environmentally friendly city, we’ve put together a list of the best Posh Areas in Chandigarh for you to consider. Check it out!
Posh Localities in Chandigarh
Let’s have a look at some of Chandigarh’s greatest neighborhoods that would be ideal for you to live in.
1. Chandigarh, Sector 5
Sector 5 is a residential neighborhood in Chandigarh that is also referred to as the VIP area (sector) and is home to numerous politicians, bureaucrats, and powerful & notable celebrities. Sector 5 is one of Chandigarh’s cleanest and most affluent neighborhoods because some of the city’s powerful people reside there.
Some of the driving forces behind Sectors 5, Chandigarh, include gorgeous and opulent houses with security guards outside, well-kept green parks, amazing infrastructure amenities, and all the necessary facilities nearby.
Aerial image of the city of Chandigarh.
Property and Rental Rates in Sector 5, Chandigarh
About 50% of the homes in Sector 5 of Chandigarh have an average sale price between Rs 40 Lac and Rs 60 Lac, and the other 50% cost more than Rs 5 Cr. It is roughly greater than Rs. 5 Cr. Residential properties, including multistory flats, builder floors, and other residential units, make up the majority of the properties in Chandigarh’s sector 5.
Sector 5 in Chandigarh is the best option if you’re looking for a home in an upscale neighborhood where you may have a king-size luxury lifestyle.
Facilities available in Sector 5, Chandigarh
- Schools: Guru Sagar International, Government Primary School, and KB DAV Senior Secondary School.
- Hospitals: Paras Bliss Hospital, Happy Family Hospital, Cloudnine Hospital, Malhotra Orthopaedic & Surgical Centre, etc.
- Shopping Malls/Complex: TDI Mall, HI5 Mall, Elante Mall, etc.
- Nearby Attraction: Escape n’ Fly, the Research Center, and the Garden of Silence are nearby attractions.
- Average Property Price Range: The typical property prices in Sector 5 are between Rs. 40 Lac. and Rs 60 Lac.
2. Sector 8, Chandigarh
The sector is one of the most dynamic and desirable residential areas in Chandigarh because of its proximity to Sector 17 and the swift addition of residential and commercial options, including multi-cuisine restaurants, cafes, branded retailers, and more. Sector 8 is a fantastic option for potential buyers who want to live in a magnificent property close to the city’s key attractions, like Sukhna Lake and the Golf Club.
In Chandigarh, Sector 8 is a posh neighborhood where people can reside. Due to its proximity to Sector 17 and the quick addition of residential and commercial alternatives including multi-cuisine restaurants, cafes, branded stores, and more, the sector is one of the most exciting and best residential locations in Chandigarh. For prospective purchasers who want to reside in a luxurious home close to the city’s top attractions like Sukhna Lake and the Golf Club, Sector 8 is a great choice.
This upscale area in Chandigarh has first-rate amenities, superb infrastructure, and smooth connections. Sector 8 is home to a few of the city’s retired colonels and army officers.
a brief peek of Sector 8 in Chandigarh’s Sukhna Lake, which is 10 minutes away.
Rental and Property Prices in Sector 8, Chandigarh.
Property And Rental Rates In Sector 8, Chandigarh
The majority of properties listed for sale in Sector 8 of Chandigarh are over Rs. 5 crores, with some residential homes, villas, and builder floors priced between Rs. 2.8 crore and Rs. 3 crores. If you’re looking to rent a house, the rent will vary from Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 based on the property’s condition and configuration.
Facilities available in and around Sector 8
- Schools: Government Model Senior Secondary School, First Step School, Chartered School of Business D.A.V. Public School
- Hospitals: Dedicated Healthcare Services India Pvt. Ltd., Apollo Clinic, Chandigarh City Hospital, Ayu Health, etc.
- Shopping Complex/Malls: Decasa Products India Pvt Ltd, XC Diva Worldwide Pvt Ltd, Rumor Boutique, etc.
- Tourist Attraction: Kasauli, Bhawani Amba Temple, etc.
- Average Price Range: The average price range for properties in Sector 8 is between Rs 2.8 Cr and Rs 5 Cr. The home is available for rent for between Rs. 10k and Rs. 20k.
3. Sector 9, Chandigarh
One of Chandigarh’s best residential areas, Sector 9 is also a favorite among purchasers looking to purchase a home in a posh locality. This sector hosts several VIP personalities, Mr. Prakash Singh Badal members of parliament who reside in this sector (region). Beautiful homes, standalone bungalows, magnificent Kothis, and upscale fine-dining establishments can all be found in Chandigarh’s Sector 9 neighborhood.
This region, which is known as one of Chandigarh’s posh localities, is ideal for people who want to live in a place that complements their classy lifestyle.
Property and Rental Rates in Sector 9, Chandigarh
Sector 9, Chandigarh, is a developed and well-planned locality of Chandigarh, and most of the residential units are villas in Sector 9. And the average ranges above Rs 5 Cr. of these residential units.
Properties for rent are also available, and the range starts from Rs 30,000 to Rs 1.3 Lac per month in sector 9.
Facilities available in and around Sector 9
- School: Carmel Convent School, Chitkara University
- Hospitals: Chd City Hospital, Chakravarty Nursing Home, and Government multi-specialty hospital.
- Shopping Complex/Malls: Also Shopping center 17 & TDI Mall
- Nearby Attraction: Marine Bay, Buddha Lake Bay Leisure Valley, Lord.
- Average Price Range: The average properties for sale range above Rs 5 Cr.
4. Sector 10, Chandigarh
The most elegant houses find in Sector 10 of Chandigarh city. This area is also one of the safest localities Dotted with spacious and plush houses with lush green front lawns, in Chandigarh. The majority of residents living in this posh area of Chandigarh have fancy cars. One can smoothly spot modified cars in this area, Ducati, Porsche, and Thar.
Property and Rental Rates in Sector 10, Chandigarh
In sector 10, Chandigarh, the properties that are available for sale maximum of the properties are residential properties and floor apartments that begin from Rs 3.4 Cr and go above Rs 5 Cr.
Those looking for rental properties range between Rs 15,000 to Rs 1 Lac in this area.
Facilities available in and around Sector 10
- Schools: Model Sr. Sec. School, Government Model High School, Stepping Stone School, Carmel Convent School, Toddlers Ashiana, Sanawar Montessori School, etc.
- Hospitals: Multi-Specialty Hospital, Civil hospitals, Apollo Clinic, etc.
- Shopping: Naya Gaon store, Waga Showroom, Budhiraja store, etc.
- Nearby Attraction: Chandigarh Architecture Museum, Leisure Valley, Shree Sanatan Dharam Temple, etc.
- Average Price Range: About 25% of properties for the sale price between Rs 3.2 Cr – Rs 3.6 Cr and 38% of properties priced above Rs 5 Cr in Sector 10.
5. Sector 11, Chandigarh
Sector 11 in Chandigarh is one of the most sought-after posh areas in the city and is home to several highly commissioned officers, senior professors, bureaucrats, and other high-level government officials. Sector 11 joins the list of posh areas in Chandigarh thanks to its excellent connectivity to PEC, one of the city’s oldest technical institutions.
Sector 11, Rent and Property Prices in Chandigarh
Residential apartments, bungalows, and studio apartments are among the real estate options in Sector 11 in Chandigarh. Residential flats in this region often sell for between Rs. 4 Cr. and Rs. 5 Cr. on average. There are commercial properties in the region in addition to residential ones.
For those looking for rental properties in this area, the monthly rent will likely range from Rs 15,000 to Rs 1 Lac.
Facilities available in Sector 11
- Schools: Government Model High School, Sanawar Montessori School, National Institute of Open Schooling, D.A.V Model School, etc.
- Hospitals: hospital, Dharam Hospital, Govt. multi-specialty Hospital, Genl Hospital, etc.
- Shopping Centre/ Mall: Sector 22 market, Sector 15 market, Sector 22 market, Budhiraja Store, Waga Showroom, Women Gallery, etc.
- Nearby Attractions: Cuber Circle, dolls museum, Leisure valley, Dhanas Lake, Tank monument, etc.
- Average Price Range: Nearly 14% of properties for sale in Sector 11 range between Rs 4 Cr – Rs 4.2 Cr and 50% of properties range above Rs 5 Cr.
6. Sector 16, Chandigarh
Do you know of an affluent region in Chandigarh where neither the Water Board nor the electrical department would ever dare to implement a power outage? Yes, Sector 16 is what you suspected. The neighborhood is home to a variety of influential people from Supreme and High court justices to IAS officers, and it has excellent security. As a result, it is one of Chandigarh’s upscale neighborhoods.
A signboard and well-liked selfie location in the city.
Rental And Property Rates In Sector 16, Chandigarh
About half of the homes in the region are builder floors, which cost more than Rs. 5 Cr. In Sector 16, Chandigarh, in addition to builder floors, there are villas, residential plots, and residential homes priced between Rs 1.6 Cr and Rs 1.8 Cr.
The typical rent in this area is between Rs 20,000 and Rs 25,000 per month.
Facilities available in and around Sector 16
- Schools: Model School and Shri Guru Teg Bahadur Ji School.
- Hospitals: General Hospital, O.P.D. Govt Hospital, E.S.I. Dispensary, etc.
- Tourist Attraction: Shanti Kunj Park, Amusement park, Zakir Hussain garden, Movie theaters, Zakir Hussain garden, food streets, etc.
- Average Price Range: About 50% of properties range above Rs 5 Cr. and 13% of properties for sale in Sector 16 range between Rs 1.6 Cr – Rs 1.8 Cr
7. Sector 17, Chandigarh
Are you looking for a Posh area in Chandigarh with a sophisticated and trendy lifestyle? If so, Sector 17 is the area for you. One of the best options for posh areas in Chandigarh is Sector 17, which is known as the “Pedestrian’s Paradise” and is adorned with lovely fountains and tree grooves for nature lovers, amazing shopping places for shopaholics, party places for the party animals, and the best residential units.
In addition to housing and administrative buildings, visitors frequently frequent this area. They are free to wander the Sector 17 plaza, eat, shop, and take in the frequently held trade shows and concerts.
The Sector 17 market of Chandigarh is very popular in Chandigarh.
Property And Rental Price In Sector 17, Chandigarh
The majority of the properties in Sector 17 in Chandigarh are commercial, and only roughly 40% of them are residential.
Sector 17, Chandigarh, rents on average for between 40,000 and 45,000 rupees per month. The most usual layout in this location is a 3BHK, which typically has a rental price of more than Rs 1 Lac.
Facilities available in and around Sector 17
- Schools: Stepping Stone Sr. Sec School, DPI School, Govt. Model Sr. Sec School, Guru Harkishan Public School, etc.
- Hospitals: Civil hospital, Dharam hospital, Genl Hospital, Healing hospital, etc.
- Shopping Centre/ Mall: TDI mall, Sector 17 market, Krazzy Shops, etc.
- Tourist Attraction: Rose garden, Shanti Kunj Park, Sector 17 market, Sector 17 Plaza, Shopping centers, food streets, etc.
- Average Price Range: The renting property in this area normally ranges from Rs 40k – Rs 45k and some property’s monthly rental is above Rs 1 Lac.
8. Sector 33, Chandigarh
One of the most desirable areas in Chandigarh is Sector 33. Modern infrastructure and well-kept green areas may be seen in this area. Plots, luxurious bungalows, independent flats, or builder floors are all options for housing.
If you have children who enjoy playing outside or want to go for a walk or jog every day, this is the deluxe region of Chandigarh that you should think about calling home. It also boasts good civic services and green parks.
Property and Rental Property In Sector 33, Chandigarh
The majority of the residential homes, villas, and builder floors in Chandigarh’s sector 33 sell for between Rs. 1 Cr and Rs. 5 Cr. Additionally, Chandigarh’s sector 33 offers residential homes for rent for between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 50,000 per month.
Facilities available in and around Sector 33
- Schools: Stephens School, Jesus Merry School, Paragon Convent school, Tender Heart School, Chandigarh Music Academy, etc.
- Hospitals: Landmark Hospital, Sirhind Orthopaedic Multispeciality Hospital, Mukat Hospital & Heart Institute, Bedi Hospital, Cancer Hospital Chandigarh, and Healing Hospital Chandigarh.
- Shopping Centre/ Mall: TDI Mall, Mini-market 33, Frame shop market, and Sham Fashion Mall.
- Tourist Attractions: Topiary Park, Terraced Garden, Sukhna Lake, Garden of Fragrances, and many more.
- Average Price Range: Nearly 10% of properties for sale in Sector 33 range between Rs 1 Cr – Rs 1.2 Cr and 40% of properties range above Rs 5 Cr.
9. Sector 44, Chandigarh
Sector 44 in Chandigarh is the ideal location for you if an exclusive area and a luxurious lifestyle are your things. Sector 44 has a flourishing real estate market as a result of its luxurious home options and well-designed roadways. Due to its proximity to Panchkula IT Park, it is not only the best posh area in Chandigarh for a businessman but also for working professionals.
Property and Rental Property In Sector 44, Chandigarh
Apartments, builder floors, and single-family homes priced between Rs 60 Lac and Rs 2 Cr are among the real estate options in Sector 44, Chandigarh.
Residential homes are also available for rent, with rates ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000, in addition to the sale price.
Facilities available in and around Sector 44
- Schools: Ryan International, Chandigarh Baptist School, Saint Soldier International, Saint Xavier’s Senior Secondary School, St. Joseph’s Senior Secondary School, The British School, etc.
- Hospitals: Healing Hospital, Chaitanya Hospital, Gurunanak Multispeciality Hospital, Mukat Hospital, and etc.
- Shopping Centre/ Mall: Piccadily Square Mall, DLF City Centre, City Emporium Mall, Elante Mall, etc.
- Tourist Attractions: Marina Bay, Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Statue, International Dolls Museum, and many more.
- Average Price Range: Nearly 13% of properties for sale in Sector 44 range between Rs 60 Lac – Rs 80 Lac, and 10% of properties range between Rs 1.8 Cr – Rs 2 Cr.
10. Sector 69, Chandigarh
Sector 69 is a quiet and affluent area in Chandigarh that is perfect for those who value luxury and safety above all else. In the past few years, the residential market in this area has experienced tremendous expansion. As a result, it has earned a spot among Chandigarh’s elite area. Sector 69 offers a limitless variety of alternatives in various shapes, sizes, and pricing points, including plots, bungalows, villas, and Kothis. The ratio of residential to commercial space is just right.
On the Chandigarh Highway, a signboard reads “Welcome to the City Beautiful.”
Property and Rental Property in Sector 69, Chandigarh
The majority of the properties for sale in Chandigarh’s sector 69 are residential homes, plots, and builder floors priced between Rs. 1.6 Cr and Rs. 2 Cr. The region also has business buildings in addition to residential ones.
Sector 69 in Chandigarh rents for an average of between Rs 15,000 and Rs 25,000 per month.
Facilities available in and around Sector 69
- Schools Nearby: Gurukul World School, Shemrock School, Anees School, Genius Public School, Doon International School, Star Public School, etc.
- Hospitals: Mayo Healthcare Super Specialty Hospital, Grecian Super Hospital, etc.
- Shopping Centre/ Mall: KDM Complex, Re Fashion Mohali, Joyland 70, Jagdish Tower, etc.
- Tourist Attractions: Rose Garden, Baidwan house, Side Garden, Sukhna Lake, IT City Mohali, etc.
- Average Price Range: Nearly 20% of properties for sale in Sector 69 range between Rs 1.6 Cr – Rs 1.8 Cr, and 13% of properties range between Rs 1.8 Cr to Rs 2 Cr.
This concludes our list of Chandigarh’s premier neighborhoods. All of them have the first-rate infrastructure, enticing amenities, and a wealth of other landmarks, expressways, and roads that provide seamless connectivity.
This carefully curated list of Chandigarh’s best neighborhoods should be helpful if you want to buy a home in a fancy neighborhood and have a large investment budget.